Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boz Schurr Artist in Residence at HAA


MFA student Boz Schurr is the newest Orvis Artist in Residence at the Honolulu Academy of Arts. Boz started her residency on November 7th and it runs until December 20th. A large scale painting is created every week by Boz and visitors to the Academy.
Here's a fragment of Schurr's project proposal:
" While I am creating a body of work at the Academy I will be recording the process to create a time lapse film.... The film will be a moving "book" in six chapters, one for each week spent in residence, exploring my interactions with visitors, fellow artists, professors, and employers and what I feel I have discovered as a student and artist living in Hawaii.
Also as I am working, I will encourage visitors to my studio to either submit ideas to my story line, watch the film as it has progressed thus far and/or add to the current painting in progress." To read Boz's complete project proposal click here.
So far Boz and HAA visitors have created 3 large scale paintings and there are three chapters of the moving book available to view on her Youtube Channel. You can paint with Boz at HAA Saturday from 1- 4 pm and Sunday from 1 - 4:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment