Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jason Minami





BFA Alumni Jason Minami has work currently exhibited in the Degrees Of Distinction: Alumni Invitational Exhibition.
Jason states: " Whether it is casting, blowing, welding, forging or fusing my artwork revolves around the process of transforming a solid material into a liquid state and yet back into a solid. When creating my work I hope to retain a sense of this energy movement, through form, line, and light."
While attending UH Jason discovered his passion for working with glass and his commitment to share his knowledge. Post BFA he studied at the Pilchuck Glass School in Washington and the Corning Museum of Glass studio in New York. In 2006 he received his MFA from Alfred University in New York. Jason is currently the studio manager and instructor at GlassRoots a non profit organization in Newark NJ.
GlassRoots was founded in January 2001 with the belief that communities can be transformed and elevated through the arts. GlassRoots provides the youth of Newark, NJ with a unique opportunity to develop their minds and confidence through the creation of glass art.
"I am very thankful for those who have taken time and energy to help me develop my passion and I hope to pass it on to others." says Jason Minami.

No comments:

Post a Comment